Something a bit different on the blog today! I was nominated last month by Natasha Bolger for The Mystery Blogger Award (thanks Natasha!) and I’ve finally gotten around to sitting down and writing the post since most of my time is presently spent holed up in the library tapping away at my laptop #ThirdYearLife.
So what is The Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma as a way to build connections between small bloggers. “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.”
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award Logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify each one of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with a weird or funny question (specify)
- Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.
3 Things About Myself
- My favourite writer is Charles Bukowski, I’ve got a tattoo on my left wrist inspired by his poem “Bluebird”
- Before wanting to go into a career in marketing, my previous dream occupations were: fashion buyer, ancient historian, classicist, museum curator, travel agent and a writer.
- I love watching horror films, give me a horror film over a rom-com any day.
Natasha’s Questions To Me
Who are your favourite celebrity heroes and non-celebrity heroes?
I wouldn’t say I have any heroes, more people that I admire with David Bowie being the first person to spring to mind as well as Wes Anderson (I wish my life was directed by Wes Anderson), Meryl Streep and Audrey Hepburn. My non-celebrity hero would definitely be my mum for all the countless things she’s done for me and the unconditional love we share.
What makes you smile the most?
Spending time with my family and close friends, I’m lucky to have such supportive and thoughtful people around me. Also, funny videos of cats and dogs.
Do you have any unusual phobias?
I think I have the usual phobias that people have like being terrified of spiders, heights and rides (at theme parks/ fairgrounds). I guess my most unusual phobia would be spontaneous human combustion (if you feel like being terrified have a google)
What are your biggest habits?
My biggest habits are buying books when I haven’t finished reading ones I already own, not getting up straight away when my alarm goes off and spending probably way too much time on social media and on my phone.
Do you consider yourself to be a grown-up?
Yes and no, I feel a lot older than I am but at the same time I’m still enjoying university life before graduating and start to be an ‘adult’.
My Favourite Post
My favourite post I’ve written so far is Dealing With Perfectionism
Questions To My Nominees
- What inspires your blog posts?
- What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
- Do you think social media is a good thing or a bad thing?
- What is your main goal that you want to achieve this year?
- The silly one…What is your favourite snack?
Below are my nominees for The Mystery Blogger Award who I also follow on Twitter, check out their blogs by clicking on their name below:
Parting Thoughts: Hope you guys enjoyed this post and thank you again to Natasha Bolger for nominating me – check out her Mystery Blogger Award post here